Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders on re-occuring tasks?

(closed account) says:
Can I set reminders on re-occuring tasks? If so, how?
Posted at 4:32pm on December 13, 2011
brendan says:
Hi brohken,
Your reminder settings apply to all the tasks on your account, and not to individual tasks. Each occurrence of a repeating task has its own due date, and reminders should be issued for these tasks just as they are for any other tasks.

This page gives more information about changing your reminder settings.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
So I set two tasks to repeat daily, and I set no due date.

I'm supposed to be alerted of tasks at 10am if they have no due date. I got my reminder e-mail today and it only included tasks that have a due date. The repeating tasks were not in the reminder email.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi brohken,
A task must have a due date to issue a reminder. For tasks that have a due date but no due time, you're able to receive a daily reminder based on the due date. For tasks that have a due time (such as "December 13 at 3:45pm"), you're also able to receive a reminder based on the due time.

If you create a repeating task that has no due date, the first occurrence of the series won't have a due date, but future occurrences will have due dates calculated automatically by the repeat property property you choose.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Brendan,

Thanks for looking into this. While I did not set an initial due date, if I am understanding you correctly, a due date should be created automatically on these daily tasks.

However, these have been on daily repeat for the past week and a due date was never generated and they still don't issue me reminders.

Any idea why that is?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
The first occurrence in the series (the task you created with no due date) will not automatically get a due date set. However, as new occurrences are created in the series, they should be assigned due dates.

I see the support request you submitted in our system as well, and I've responded with some troubleshooting steps. If these steps don't help, can you reply to that email and give some details about the task itself so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.