Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Device or application specific sync settings

sn3akyp3t3 says:
If this hasn't been discussed or requested please consider it a feature request, otherwise merge my post with the applicable forum entry.

I use RTM on multiple devices like my iPodTouch, Outlook, near future Android as well, and if Thunderbird gets supported it will be used there too. I like to keep work and personal stuff separate if possible. Currently with the sync controls provided I see no means of specifying which lists will show up on which device or application. The settings appear to be global and apply to all. I propose that either the device or application be detected at the server and the sync settings be customizable for the specific device or application rather than one setting applies to all.

Great app to date! Glad you decided to go free with limitations and give me reason to suggest this app to friends and family!
Posted at 3:03pm on December 2, 2011
brendan says:
Hi sn3akyp3t3,
The syncing services (MilkSync for Outlook, MilkSync for BlackBerry) allow you to determine which lists will be synced. You can set this in the web app by clicking Settings, then the Sync tab. However, this setting applies to all platforms.

The mobile apps will always sync all your lists. It's not currently possible to set which lists will sync with these devices.

Thanks for your feedback on this!
Posted 12 years ago
sn3akyp3t3 says:
Thanks for that. I've only begun using RTM and haven't toyed with all settings. I thought all the lists were controlled from the web interface and didn't check device/application setting controls.
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.