Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"Choose Profile" - Outlook dialog box

naygoo says:
When Milksync tries to run but I do not have Outlook running, every 5 minutes or so, I get a "Choose Profile" dialog box from Outlook that is very annoying. This only started recently and I do not understand why.

I have already tried what I know should have fixed it: I went to Control Panel --> Mail (32 Bit). Then, I click on "Show Profiles". There is only 1 profile shown, called "Outlook". The "Always use this profile" option is selected and on the "Outlook" profile.

I went through this once a long time ago and what I described above fixed it. Now, it does not. I get this error any time Milksync is running but Outlook is not.

Thanks in advance!
Posted at 11:34am on October 8, 2011
jpcalabio says:
I've been noticing the same problem as well. The dialog box started to to come up after after the last update was applied.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi naygoo and jpcalabio,

Would you both be able to contact us so we can get some additional details? We'd love to take a closer look at this.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
jpcalabio says:
I took a look at the log as you suggested. It turns out that there is a milksync add-in for outlook that was disabled for some reason. Once I re-enabled the plug-in I no longer have an issue with the profile. Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Glad to hear that got it working for you!
Posted 12 years ago
raimund.engel says:
Same dialog box problem here, but the solution does not work. If I activate the plugin in Outlook it crashes. Upon restart it suggests to deactivate the MilkSync add-in.

looking forward to your suggestions
Raimund
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi Raimund,
Would you be able to contact us so we can get some further details on your situation as well?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
kai.yee says:
I have similar problem.

BTW, how do I set a default outlook profile for milksync?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi kai.yee,
This page gives instructions on how to select your default Outlook profile. These settings apply to Outlook, and MilkSync will use them as well.

If you've selected "Always use this profile", but you are still being prompted for a profile when using MilkSync, please contact us. We'd love to get some additional information.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.