Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Assign due date at the time you create a task from withing Gmail "More" menu?

matthew.friedman says:
I just started using the GMail sidebar, and I love it. I love turning emails into tasks and being able to link back to them. HOWEVER, I find that 9 times out of 10 the new task is created with a due date that is not the date I want it to have. So I create the task in message view, have to go back to the inbox to see RTM (because I use Rapportive I guess), then wade through all my tasks to find the one I just created, and change it's due date.

I wish there was a way to assign the due date at the time I create the task, so I don't have to go search it out to change it. Is there something I'm missing?
Posted at 8:48pm on October 5, 2011
brendan says:
Hi matthew.friedman,
When using the "Create task" command from the "More" dropdown box to make a task from an email, the browser add-on will use the default due date you've selected. This can be "today" or "never". Sorry for any inconvenience.

It may be helpful to locate the task by searching for part of the name. The add-on uses the email sender and part of the subject line as the task name. You could type part of the name into the "Set task view here" line to locate it quickly.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
troy.mobley says:
how can i set a day and time to emails I get in my google gmail corporate account? I want to set a task from any email as a reminder task.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi troy.mobley,
When creating a task from an email (using a star, a label, or the "Create task" option), the due date will be set to "today" or to "never", depending on your options.

After you've created the task, you can edit the due date in the Gmail Browser Add-on by selecting the task, then clicking the "Due" field. You can also edit it in the web app.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.