Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sending Tasks to other users via Twitter

wwwrgh says:
Hi,

I'm starting to use RTM and looks like a powerfull tiny thing ...
I'm a teacher and I would like to use it at class with my students.

Some of my Twitter followers are also among my RTM contacts, so that I would like to start managing Tasks via Twitter also.

I'm a bit stuck trying to assign a task to other user via Twitter. The RTM service guide for Twitter (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/twitter/) states that:

"@username pick up the milk sends task to the specified Twitter username (this person must be set up with Remember The Milk too)"

Well that's exactly what I think I'm doing (sending via Twitter a Direct Message to @rtm with the following format: "@username Taskname". But the task doesn't reach username's RTM Inbox :(
The other user is also setup with RTM and belongs to my RTM contacts.

Did somebody succeed sending tasks to other contacts via Twitter? any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rod

Posted at 10:26am on September 15, 2011
brendan says:
Hi Rod,
Yes, you should be able to send tasks via Twitter using the format you described.

In addition to being contacts within Remember the Milk, can you confirm that you are also following eachother on Twitter? You'll need to be following eachother before you're able to send tasks this way.

Also, do you receive any confirmation messages via Twitter when these tasks don't go through? You may want to turn on confirmations here to see if you receive any messages about the status of the task.

If you're still unable to share the task, please contact us so we can take a closer look.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
wwwrgh says:
I found out what happens.
My twitter user is @wwwRGH (the last 3 letters are uppercase)

If I send the task to @wwwRGH it does not work.

If I sent it to @wwwrgh (all letters lowercase), it works !!

Is very weird, there are many usernames in twitter that contain upercase letters ... Am I the first RTM user to face this problem?
Posted 12 years ago
wwwrgh says:
I enter myiTwitter setup here:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/twitter/
and RTM seems to take my twitter username ok (wwwRGH)

but if I logout/login from/into RTM again, when I check the twitter service in RTM, my twitter username has been already converted to lowercase (wwwrgh).

If somebody send a task via Twitter to @wwwRGH (my real username in Twitter) if does not work ....

¿Could you check this?

Thank you very much in advance.
Rod
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi Rod,
Would you be able to contact us via email? We'd love to get some additional details on your situation.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
wwwrgh says:
Thank you, Brendan

I've contacted RTM via email --> case #5466 open

Best regards,
Rod
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.