Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

star multiple tasks

tjasper says:
I have noticed that if I flag multiple emails in gmail and then use 'more actions' to star the items they don't get transferred into RTM. Is there a fix in the pipeline for this?
Posted at 8:18am on July 9, 2011
brendan says:
Thanks for reporting this. I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime.
Posted 12 years ago
drmaltman says:
Related to this:

- Labelling multiple selected messages fails to create corresponding RTM tasks although labelling a single task at a time works
- Assigning a label to single or to to multiple messages via "move" fails to create corresponding RTM tasks whether using the "move to" menu or drag-and-drop. (This has been partially reported in forums before, but I did not find a complete report.)
Posted 12 years ago
drmaltman says:
Also the automatic completion feature does not appear to work:

" With this feature, the task will also be automatically completed if you:

'Unstar' or remove the specific label from the message
Reply to the message by clicking on the email icon in the task details"

Neither replying to the message via the e-mail icon in the task, nor removing the label (either by single/multiple menu commands, or x-ing the label directly) completed the task.

Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
drmaltman,
Thanks for these additional details. I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime.
Posted 12 years ago
lindabell says:
I'm using Windows XP.

I can see my RTM tasks on the righthand window.

I've added the RTM to Firefox.

But I still can't gmails into RTM tasks. I had * one task, walked.

I click on tasks, it shows up--in the gmail task window.

I've tried starring another. It doesn't show up anywhere. I've tried unstarring "walked" & it still shows up in the gmail tasks windows.

I've tried Moving emails to RTM label. Nothing.

I've tried labeling the email RTM. Nothing.

Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi lindabell,
First, if you haven't done so already, can you make sure that your version of Gmail is supported? When Google releases a new version of the Gmail code, we need to update our add-on to handle their changes. You can find instructions for checking your Gmail version here.

If your version is supported and you're still unable to consistently create tasks by starring an email, would you be able to contact us so we can take a look?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
mediaarts says:
This is just a poke re: how this solution is coming along. Getting a little tedious.

Thank-you!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi mediaarts,
Unfortunately we don't have any announcements at this time about the ability to add multiple tasks by starring messages in Gmail. Sorry again for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime.
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.