Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

repeat reminder before task ends

edwin.vrieswijk says:
Hi, i want to be reminded 5 months, and every month till the end of the task, before a task ends. In this case tasks are contracts.
Right now i tried "every month until" but the task will duplicate the next months after the end of the original end.

Thus, the end of the task ( contract) is December 15. What should i do to be reminded August 15, September 15, October 15, November 15 and December 15 ?
Thks
Posted at 9:52pm on June 15, 2011
brendan says:
It sounds like you're on the right track using a repeat interval with "until". For example, the following will create a task that will occur on the 5 dates you indicated:

The Contract ^August 15 *every 1 month until December 15

It sounds like you may being seeing the task repeating past its end date in your calendar, is that right? This is because the iCalendar feed does not include an end date for the recurrence of the task, so it will show on your calendar indefinitely. Once all the occurrences of the task are completed or deleted, it should disappear from your calendar.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
edwin.vrieswijk says:
Oke Brandan thks, so the due date of the contract has to be the first reminder, not the end of the contract ?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Correct. At the time you create the task, the due date should be the date of the first reminder. When you complete this task, the next occurrence in the series will be created based on the Repeat property and it will have a different due date.

The "until" portion of the Repeat property indicates when you want to receive the last reminder, so this could be the end of the contract.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.