Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Shared Task Reminders?

(closed account) says:
This is a repost, it was originally posted by Wakabay in 2009:

I set a reminder by specifying a due date. I have gotten other RTM users to do the same for personal and business.

But I also want to assign tasks to others and set a due date & time so they get a reminder about the task.

So far I tried sharing the task and sending the task. Both times I get a reminder but the shared person does not. Is there a way to set it up so they get a reminder? I suppose I could email a task to their RTM account with a due date & time... which seems a bit clunky, are there other ways?

I find I fully agree, I regularly share tasks with my Wife but the lack of a reminder for her is a little frustrating. Are there other ways of sharing that will enable the reminder to pass across?
Posted at 9:36am on April 20, 2011
brendan says:
For shared tasks, reminders are only sent to the user who most recently modified the task. So if your contact modifies the task, they will receive the reminder and you will not. Sorry for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, if you are looking for other ways to receive reminders, you may be able to use a calendar program or feed reader to subscribe to the iCalendar or Atom feeds for your list, and receive reminders from that application.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.