Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Link to emailed task? Is this correct?

veevandyke says:
I have the Gmail Extension installed, and I was wondering if this was correct? When I star a task and it's created in RTM, the only thing that comes across is the title. There is no link to the email, nor does the content show up in notes.

Is this by design or is this a bug? Just wondering, as I've never effectively used this feature before.

Thanks!
V
Posted at 1:32pm on April 6, 2011
brendan says:
That is correct. The subject of the email will be the task title, but the full content of the message will not be stored in the task notes.

However, tasks that are added using the Gmail Browser Add-on will include a link to the original message if you click on them using using the browser add-on. This link appears as a small, red Gmail logo. This video demonstrates this feature.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
kimvnielsen says:
Won't it be possible to have the link ('behind' the small, red Gmail logo) automatically copied to the 'URL'-field of a task? (or another field)

.. meaning that you would be able to view the task in the rememberthemilk.com-interface and go directly to the email which the task is connected to..?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
nielsenkdk,
It's not currently possible to connect the URL for the Gmail conversaion to the URL field for the task, but thanks for your feedback on this! We appreciate it.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Linking the email to the task is a really useful feature and is brilliant in GMail, however the fact that the link only shows up when in GMail is a real shame.
I accept that it is not currently possible to add the GMail link into a task at this moment, do you have any plans to do this in the future?
To be able to manage tasks in RTM and from there see a task is linked to an email and open the email from within the task by clicking a link would make this feature complete.
If it is not possible to add the link to the URL field for the task could you add it into the notes field?
I have manually added the URL for an email into the note for a task, then when I open the task in RTM I see there is a note and when I open the note and click on the link it opens the email.

Thanks for reading and hope this suggestion is of use - Martin.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
martingchapman,
We don't currently have any announcements regarding the ability to see these links outside of Gmail, but I'll make sure that the development team gets this for review.

Thanks for your feedback on this!
Posted 13 years ago
marcel.coopman says:
I have the Gmail Extension installed, but when I star a mail, it wont appear as a task. I have changed the settings.

What i'm I doing wrong?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
Marcel,
I saw that you submitted an issue report in our system. We'll be in touch by email on this as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
cek1227 says:
For an alternative which does put the URL in the URL field, see post 11136, titled "any alternative way to make tasks from emails?" (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/gmail/11136/ ).
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.