Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

synchronizing using more than one computer

(closed account) says:
I use RTM and milksync to synchronize my Outlook exchange (v10) tasks. I have set it up to sync with tasks on my laptop since I travel with it. However, when I am in town I do not open Outlook on it as often as I like. would it be okay if I install milksync on my office desktop as well and get both of them synchronize? BTW, my primary use of RTM is to have my tasks on my Android device.
Posted at 2:46pm on April 5, 2011
brendan says:
Yes, you can sync with more than one computer using MilkSync for Outlook, and continue syncing with your Android device as well.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Well, now I am in all sorts of trouble. I went ahead and installed milksync on my office machine as well. After the first synchronization, most of my tasks (I have over 100 in different categories) got duplicated on both PCs but not on Android. I deleted one of each one of the duplicated tasks and now they are a single copy on my pc but have disappeared from the Android. Is this something that should happen only the first time (in that case I can live with it) - or should I remove Milksync from one of the PCs?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
No, your tasks should not be duplicated during a sync. Would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system so we can get some additional details?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.