Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Outlook Categories and RTM Lists not synching properly

daniel.bicknell says:
I just signed up for RTM and am evaluating it as a tool for GTD.

I'm trying to use MilkSync to sync Outlook and RTM and I'm running in to the following problem. Except for the default lists in RTM, if I create a category first in Outlook, none of its contents are uploaded to RTM. If I create a list on RTM first and add an item (so that MilkSync creates the category in Outlook), then everything works as it should.

Yes, in settings, I do have 'Synchronize all lists' checked.
Posted at 3:28pm on April 3, 2011
brendan says:
Would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Daniel,
I use RTM and MilkSync as a tool for GTD as well (so I can have my tasks on an Android smartphone). All my Outlook categories that I have set up for GTD (@office, @ home, .projects etc. ) transferred fine and I have no problem synchronizing things that I add and delete both in Android and Outlook. The only difference is that all my categories were set up in Outlook before I started using RTM. I wonder if this is an issue if you add a new category after you started synchronizing with RTM.
I use Outlook exchanger server version with Windows 7.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.