Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Make the task the subject in email - 1 email per task

volkoff007 says:
It's completely odd why that is not an option in RTM. This would allow you to use your inbox as a task list, which I already do but I have to open each email to remember what task it is.

That would be a great option. I would get RTM pro for that.
Posted at 7:47pm on March 19, 2011
brendan says:
Thanks for the feedback!

If you use Gmail, you can our browser add-on to automatically create tasks for emails that you label or star. You can find more information here.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
@Brendan - I think Volkoff is asking for the ability to have a reminder email's subject line be the title of a task, and not what you're imagining.

This is a repeat request going back years and years.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
My apologies, I misunderstood.

I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I second this. In GMail's inbox view, with the current system, I get

"Reminders for Wed, March 30, 2011, 7:25AM (1 task) This task is due in 5 minutes:"

before the task name is mentioned, and since this is a whole lot of characters up front, depending on the screen resolution and zoom level there's no way to see what the task IS without opening the mail.

Adding an option to change the composition of the subject line, or even to just move the task name to the beginning of the subject line, would be much appreciated.

I'd also love the option to receive one email per task, for the same reason volkoff mentioned: to be able to use the inbox as a task list.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
Thanks for your feedback on this! We appreciate it.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.