Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Outlook 2010 / MilkSync / WinMilk

mrmeyer says:
Short: It doesn't work. I don't think this combination has been tested. I have over 200 todos in Outlook, but over the last week, some have gone missing. For instance, a reminder to complete my Timesheet weekly is now missing from RTM. It's on Outlook (I saw it this morning), but it's no longer on RTM. It's no longer on WinMilk, either, though I know it was there last week. Changing the due date - and now it's gone completely.
Posted at 11:49pm on February 2, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
mrmeyer,
Outlook 2010 is supported with MilkSync for Outlook.

Would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
mrmeyer says:
I see multiple complaints already that tasks going missing during the sync and then it's difficult to get them to show up again.

At one point, I uninstalled everything, exported all tasks, deleted them, and then reimported them again. All was well for a week when I started noticing tasks missing again.

I don't know where the root cause is, but I had hoped that I could use Outlook / MilkSync / Rememberthemilk.com / WinMilk and be able to edit a task anywhere, but that combination isn't stable.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
mrmeyer,
We can't vouch for WinMilk (it's a third-party app), but we did track down a few sync issues that are corrected in 1.0.13.

If you have any issues, it'd be great if you could submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system so we can help you track down any problems.

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
limitedmage says:
Hi mrmeyer, I'm the developer for WinMilk. I can assure you that WinMilk does not make tasks dissappear, and any issues that have been reported for that have also used MilkSync for Outlook. It is more likely either Outlook or MilkSync is causing the issue. If you have any leads for the cause of this, don't hesitate to let me know so I can help other users with this issue :)
Posted 13 years ago
mrmeyer says:
If it is Outlook, I'll never get Microsoft to look at it.

Even though I'm a pro RTM user till the end of 2011, I'm using Toodledo at the moment since Photodo came out. It's still not a good setup since the WP7 app is slow.

I didn't believe the WinMilk app was to blame, but somewhere between the WinMilk -RTM - MilkSync - Outlook chain, tasks were disappearing. They still appeared in Outlook, so chances are the fix mentioned above may have addressed it.

I may be back since I still haven't found the perfect solution to task management for WP7 yet.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.