Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can no longer add tasks via twitter

zeroid says:
I had twitter setup nicely last week so I could add tasks by direct message and this was all working nicely until a couple of days ago.

Direct messages I send to rtm to add tasks are ignored, they don't appear in RTM and I don't get any response. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Posted at 1:54pm on January 20, 2011
andy.gwilliam says:
Yes me, and it's driving me crazy. It's the best way to update RTM on the move. Please someone fix it!!
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
zeroid,
This is on our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience right now.
Posted 13 years ago
rwrohrich says:
Me too. it quit working last weekend. Thanks for investigating.
Posted 13 years ago
davekaminski says:
Thanks for investigating. I am really looking forward to this getting resolved because it's driving me crazy.

Here are some observations:
- I can add a task from the RTM web interface and I receive the reminder via twitter
- A "d rtm" twitter message vanishes when I send it via text message OR from the twitter site's messages page [http://twitter.com/#!/messages]
- A "d " twitter message to any other twitter user gets delivered successfully
Posted 13 years ago
ddouglas says:
Thank you for looking into this problem. I am having the same thing. The sms integration feature via twitter is the value added feature above other competitors: google tasks, gsuite, etc. Please let us know what we can do to help. Thank you for your faithful service all these years.
Posted 13 years ago
adamldyer says:
I don't understand why this is taking so long, and is just "on the list to investigate". I keep losing tasks because twitter integration is not working and I assume it is.
Posted 13 years ago
biancolo says:
Yeah, same here. I notice rtm is no longer following me. Curious if that is the problem for others as well?
Posted 13 years ago
davekaminski says:
I successfully sent a task to twitter via SMS in the last hour. Going to test some more, but it looks like it could be fixed!
Posted 13 years ago
davekaminski says:
I've confirmed that it's fixed (for me at least). This fast turnaround is greatly appreciated. thank you!!
Posted 13 years ago
biancolo,
That seems to be the problem for some users; other problems are that it's not replying with confirmations and not adding tasks. All likely revolve around the same issue, and we're looking into this.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted 13 years ago
zeroid says:
rtm is still following me on twitter, and I still receive reminders from rtm so the problem is only one way for me.

Do others have different behaviour? e.g. not receiving reminders (if you have this feature enabled) vs rtm not following?
Posted 13 years ago
zeroid,
The problem mainly seems to be in any actions that require a response from RTM (e.g. following back or confirming added tasks).
Posted 13 years ago
zeroid says:
Tried it again today and it worked.
Posted 13 years ago
wilfredo_ramos says:
RTM via Twitter not working!!!! Fixt his!!
Posted 13 years ago
wilfredo_ramos,
It seems @rtm isn't sending updates to connected accounts; however, tasks added via Twitter should still be added to your account.

I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.