Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Duplicates appearing in iCal (not in RTM or Google Calendar)

bluesgeek says:
Today I noticed that an iCalendar Events URL from a Smartlist is showing duplicates of some instances of some recurring events in iCalendar, but not in RTM or in Google Calendar. This is only some instances of some events. So, I may have an event that repeats every three days, and on some days it appears in iCal twice. These are all-day events (no time specified).

Posted at 4:12am on January 11, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Would it be possible to submit an iCalendar Feeds issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
Done.

I could add that I see the same duplicating instances are now showing up in Google Calendar.
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
I haven't heard back from support so I'll just update hear. More tasks are duplicating that were previously not duplicated.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
bluesgeek,
I wrote you back on Friday afternoon; I'm guessing this is a problem with Google Calendar not updating the subscription correctly, but it'd be best to compare with another iCalendar-supporting service (or replying to my email with the URL so we can check).

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have noticed this same problem as well and it is pretty annoying since it quickly fills up the list of events on a day when everything is repeated twice.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.