Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks from Onenote and project, via Outlook to RTM

kerschus says:
Hi :-)

My tasks basically start from 3 different places:
1. as part of a project plan (in MS project) - these are then synced to MS outlook
2. as an output from a meeting (TO-DO and minutes are taken in One note) - these tasks are also synced to Outlook
3. from an email with a question, request or something like that (I then create a task in outlook from the email)

At the end of the day I go trough my "unsorted tasks" and give them categories and task (The GTD way)

For my life to be perfectly organized I just need a light-weight easy to use application that also works with my I phone, and if possible where I could share tasks and lists with other people.

And what do you know - Remember the milk is perfect for that!

I just have a few requests or questions -
1. when syncing MS project and outlook, a new task list is created in outlook. So my question is if RTM can sync from all lists in outlook, and not just one? If so, how do I make sure that they are all synced?
2. Have you (or Bob) considered making a list in outlook be a list in remember the milk, and then only use the categories as tags?
3. Have you considered adding an attachment option, starting/already have any collaboration with a file-sharing solution like Dropbox? I'm a big fan of integration things or just making it as easy as possible - so am just wondering :)

I have sent this to RTM by email, but am adding it here too, to see if there is anyone else with answers or requests like mine :)

Have a good one!
D.

Posted at 1:12pm on January 7, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi D,
Currently, MilkSync only syncs with the Tasks folder in Outlook. Aside from that, we have no announcements about other features.

Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.