Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM iCalendar Timezone is Google Calendar

keoni8888 says:
I use the iCalendar URL from RTM to set up a view of my tasks within my Google calendar. The time zone on my PC, in Google calendar, and in RTM is set to GMT-8 (Pacific).

However, the RTM tasks always appear in my calendar in GMT-0 time. When I look at the calendar setting in Google, the calendar does state GMT-0. Unfortunately, as I cannot update this, it seems to be pulling the GMT-0 timezone from the iCalendar link to RTM when it was created.

As a result, all of my tasks are appearing 8 hours before they actually should on my calendar.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to make this work correctly?

Thank you,
John
Posted at 5:51pm on January 6, 2011
skit says:
Same problem here :(

Was working fine previously, not sure if Google Calendar was detecting the calendar as GMT + offset or if the RTM events were managled GMT0 events...

Posted 13 years ago
n1cks says:
You're not alone Keoni

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/11862/

And yes, it is a Google issue, because the same ical feed appears fine in my Windows Live Calendar.

Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Would it be possible for anyone experiencing this problem to submit an iCalendar Feeds issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
skit says:
Submitted!
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
I also submitted on this.
Posted 13 years ago
dkoosis says:
Ditto.

In case it is helpful, know that:

* google calendar recently introduced per-event timezone support, and I use it

* my default TZ setting for google calendar, android phone, PC, RTM are the same and are correct
Posted 13 years ago
icantremember says:
I think this is important:
||* my default TZ setting for google calendar, android phone, PC, RTM are the same and are correct
(mine, too)
Surely the ical feed(?) should respect the RTM timezone setting.
Posted 13 years ago
matt.corr says:
Yes this is happening to me too. All the events are off by 10 hours and I can't see how to correct it.

Google Calender, RTM and my iphone all set to +10 (brisbane).

So this is a google issue hey?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yes, this appears to be a Google Calendar problem, that it's not parsing the data in the iCalendar file correctly; for those experiencing the problem, opening the iCalendar subscription in another iCalendar-supporting applications shows the events at the correct time.

In the meantime, we still want to hear about issues; let us know if you see anything else!
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
Try checking your timezone setting at this link:

https://www.google.com/accounts/b/0/EditUserInfo?service=mail

(provided by RTM support)

I had set my google calendar and gmail to the correct timezone, but this general account setting was off. After correcting at that link, all of my events are displaying at the correct times.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.