Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do I check which version of Gmail I'm using?

justin534 says:
I went here: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/status/

However, when I go to settings in Gmail I don't see any "Tasks" heading.
Posted at 8:57pm on January 5, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
justin534 says:
Strange...now the Tasks heading appears and I can see the version
Posted 13 years ago
woodyl says:
Same problem here. I just installed the RTM Chrome extension and nothing happens. I went to check my Gmail version and I also don't have a tab for tasks under settings.
Posted 13 years ago
woodyl says:
OK, I just discovered how to make the tasks tab appear. I went to
Gmail>Settings and then reloaded the page. When I did that, the tasks tab appeared. I got the message that my current version of Gmail is 18902538 and that it's not supported by RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Seriously, does this thing ever work for more than a minute? I stopped using RTM a couple of months ago out of frustration over this Gmail utility and every time I think I'm going to come back the version isn't supported. Why do you bother to offer something that works for 2 days out of every month, at best?
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
A Gmail code update has unfortunately broken this functionality again; we're working on a fix. Before that, it was stable for almost a month (for once, the Google engineers took a break from changing their code :).

For right now, we're just trying to keep up as best we can with Gmail's code changes (and keep our fingers crossed that some day they'll offer an API where we can offer these features "officially").

We're going to see how it goes; if it becomes impossible to keep it working, we'll have to consider discontinuing the add-on -- we'll do whatever we can to avoid that, though.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please continue support Gmail integration, because it was the main reason I started using RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
Same here I chose RTM to minimize steps I need to process email into tasks and events. I'm making do with forwarding email to my rtm address but it would be really nice if the add-on would work.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just noticed that the Chrome extension for Gmail started working again. Thank you very much.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.