Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar time issue

jalm1 says:
I have a smart list published to google calendar since the beginning it was working fine as the tasks were being added at the right time. A few days ago something happened, and now all the tasks (that have a due time) are added at GMT, rather than my time zone (-5 EST). When i look at the Ical calendar settings it shows the time zone as GMT but i can't change it.

How can i fix this, so that my tasks are at the right time? Thanks.
Posted at 6:41pm on December 26, 2010
seanwest says:
I just want to add my voice to this problem. I publish my all events list to my Google calendar and it has always worked fine for me until a few days ago when everything started showing up with the GMT timezone instead of the timezone that is set on my computer, my remember the milk settings and my Google settings.
Posted 13 years ago
airhork says:
Seems I am not the only one have this problem.
I have the same problem.

I try to update my timezone in the setting, doesn't work. Actually, my timezone is right already.
Posted 13 years ago
n1cks says:
+1

My tasks are out by 8 hours in my gCal - which means they're on GMT time.

I notice the tasks are fine in my Windows Live Calendar (same iCal feed), so that means the problem is with Goggle (quelle surprise).

Hope the problem is fixed soon.
Posted 13 years ago
bilhelm96 says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
skmshd says:
I have same problem. My tasks are on GTM timezone, I think.
Is this Google's issue ?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Would it be possible to submit an iCalendar Feeds issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
n1cks says:
Any news on this...?
Posted 13 years ago
n1cks,
I see you submitted an issue report; we'll be in touch by email as soon as we can. Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 on this issue. Any update? Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
rubyji says:
I'm having the same issue.
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
Andrew, since this seems to be widely reported, might we expect that we would see a report here? Thank you.

Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek,
Thus far we have only seen issues where Google Calendar doesn't seem to be parsing the timezone information correctly; viewing these iCalendars in other iCalendar-supporting applications shows the tasks at the appropriate time.

However, we still want to receive reports about this, so that we can track down any related issues, make sure that's the issue you're seeing, etc. (I see that you wrote us; we'll be in touch as soon as we can.)

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
bluesgeek says:
Thank you for the report on what you're seeing, Andrew.

As an obvious workaround, I put the event time in the title of the task/event.
Posted 13 years ago
n1cks says:
Clearly Google Calendar is rubbish these days. I've had a few problems with it.

Wonder if there’s a way to import an ical feed into a default calendar for gCal or Windows Live – like one can with an .ics file.

Posted 13 years ago
gfe says:
The only reason I have anything to do with the Google Calendar is because it's the only way I've figured out how to have my events show up on my Android OS phone in a format that I like. I've worked around the problem by putting my events in separate tab where everything is in GMT. The workaround works pretty well for me, but then again I don't have a lot of things I put on my calendar.

I've looked to find an Android app that can open remote iCalendar files and function well enough (read-only is fine) that I can ignore the phone's stock calendar app. But so far I haven't had much luck..
Posted 13 years ago
dkoosis says:
This is looking like a gCal issue.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=322af116d5ea82ce&hl=en&fid=322af116d5ea82ce00049ac3b41e94e8
Posted 13 years ago
presence says:
+1
I found evidence on Google Forums that it might be possible to "remind" gCal that a time zone is involved. This seems to be needed for gCal, though obviously not for other iCal apps.

(See post from PatentLawNY at: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=7b43c336ff7ea41b&hl=en )
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.