Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

forwarding emails to create tasks

peterclark says:
here is the work flow I'd love:
1. receive email
2. forward email to RTM and change subject to the "task name"
3. body of email becomes note.

is this possible? currently I can't seem to make it not create new tasks for every new line on the email....
Posted at 9:16pm on December 9, 2010
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You are using the wrong e-mail address, read more in help. There's info on the syntax, but basically your subject becomes the task name. Everything below "---" (if I remember correctly) becomes the note.

Check in settings for the other e-mail address.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
peterclark,
To round out what rajjan already said, check the "How to add a task via email" section on our email page. (It sounds like what you're currently doing is outlined in the "How to import a list via email" section. You don't want to use the Import address, i.e. username+abc123+import@rmilk.com.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
drdamski says:
"By default, your task will appear in your Inbox. If you want the task to appear in a different list, you can do so with the following:

"List: Work or L: Work"

I can't get this to work - always appears in Inbox, not work.

I have tried "List: Work", "L: Work", at the beginning and end of what I type, and even in the subject line alongside the task name. No joy!

Any further tips? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Posted 13 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Is Work a regular list or a smart list?
Also, there seems to be a " " (space) between List: and Work
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
drdamski,
Would it be possible to submit an Emailing Tasks issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
drdamski says:
Hi - many thanks - I have submitted an issue report to request help on this.

As far as I understand it this is a regular list and not a smart list.

I only have two: Inbox, and Work.

Cheers!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.