Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Restore, just "the other way around"?

bakkulf says:
Hi,
I'm using Outlook as my primary list manager (for GTD) and RTM + Milk Sync just as a means of *read* access from mobile, home PCs, iPad etc.

I have set up 1-way sync (Outlook -> RTM). I never add anything in RTM (I use another capture tool called Note2Self for iPhone or just analog/paper).

However; there is now some discrepancy between Outlook and RTM (a few more task in RTM than in Outlook for some reason). I would like to "Restore" RTM from Outlook. What's the best way to do this?

Can I just delete all tasks in RTM and do a fresh sync? (I'm fearing there is some magic figuring out I deleted them in RTM and then it won't sync).
Posted at 1:25pm on November 28, 2010
bakkulf says:
BTW: I tried to delete one task in RTM, change it in Outlook, resynch - but does not show up in RTM. So; I need to do "something" extra to reset from Outlook -> RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
bakkulf says:
Anyone from RTM that could help me out here? Eg; do a complete refresh of everything in Outlook -> replace everything in RTM?
Posted 13 years ago
bakkulf says:
Just got a reply from RTM on a support ticket on the same;

> You may find that reinstalling MilkSync, removing all RTM tasks,
> and synchronizing "for the first time" gets all your Outlook tasks
> into RTM again.
> Hope this helps!

Will give that a try, even if I'm a bit afraid of what happens to all the notes I have in Outlook now containing [old] note references from RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.