Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

'Add to tasks' creates gmail task, not RTM task?

plocke says:
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I have the RTM Firefox extension installed and it appears fine on the right. But when I select an email and then the 'Add to tasks' from 'More actions', it pops up the gmail task pane in the bottom right and adds it there, which appears to have no association with RTM.

As a side note, in gmail settings, i see no 'tasks' tab like others have reported, and sometimes I cannot even add tasks in the RTM pane on the right (it is like the textbox is greyed out) Not sure if these are related.
Posted at 8:46pm on November 8, 2010
jsmillie says:
I have the same issue, which I believe is caused by my Gmail version being unsupported. RTM's status page says it is working on a fix, unfortunately that has been the case for quite a while. You might try checking whether your version of gmail is currently supported by RTM.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same exact problem. I see NO 'tasks' tab under Settings and when selecting 'Add to Tasks' it opens up Gmail Tasks.

I don't, however, have any problems adding Tasks directly into the RTM pane.

PLEASE help!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
plocke - This is very strange, but it worked for me. If you open up Settings, then hit 'Refresh' the 'Tasks' will now appear.

At least that solved one issue!
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
I just checked and I am on my second unsupported version of Gmail since I bought the pro version of RTM (firefox extension., a month ago. Neither version is listed yet as having a fix underway. It appears to me that Google is updating Gmail code faster than RTM can keep up. This is disappointing because I like the overall features of RTM, but I got it specifically because I was losing these functions in the systems I had been using (Outlook with a GTD add in), when our office converted to Google Apps.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
plocke and others,
This is likely because the Gmail version is unsupported. Keep in mind that the action you should look for is "Create task". (Gmail adds "Add to Tasks", but "Create task" is the one that will add to the RTM add-on.) Also, to add a task to RTM via the add-on, you will want to have a message open (you don't want to be in your Inbox, a label, a search, etc.).

Hope this helps!

If you have further problems, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system? Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
thanks, andrewski. Is there any estimate on how long it will take to come up with an update to support the Gmail version I'm using (18182652)?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
jsmillie,
Unfortunately it's hard to say when we'll be able to fix any given version; the best bet is to keep an eye on our status blog or Twitter account.
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
Thanks. I have been keeping an eye on the status blog. It's kind of disconcerting that my version isn't on the status blog as supported or unsupported, and there's no indication that a fix is in progress.
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
A fix is now in progress according to the status blog. :)
Posted 13 years ago
jsmillie says:
I now have a new gmail version, the last version's fix is still in progress, the new version's fix is not yet in progress; :(.

I have submitted a Gmail issue report.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.