Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

one-way, no way?

geophyzz says:
In short, I just want one-way sync working between my Outlook (2003) tasks and the RTM "Work" list. Can this be done?

Background: I have tried to set it up with limited to no success. After populating my "Work" list with items from Outlook, and marking it for sync, I found task items would not update in RTM after marking it complete from within Outlook. Things have gone from bad to worse as I just deleted the tasks from RTM, did a reinstall and now can't even re-populate RTM.

Posted at 9:08pm on October 28, 2010
steve.conklin says:
Same issue here. Outlook version 2007 and now my RTM is empty as well.
Posted 13 years ago
steve.conklin says:
Hey geo, I solved this myself. (Make Milk sync manual for now)

In Outlook, Export all the Tasks to CSV. Then delete them from Outlook (or move them to another folder). Then import the CSV file into Tasks. Now sync. not perfect tag-wise, but it worked for the dates.

RTM never answered even though I logged a report.
Posted 13 years ago
geophyzz says:
Thanks Steve. When you mark tasks complete in Outlook and then sync with rtm, do they get marked complete in rtm?
Posted 13 years ago
kiepb says:
Clarification Steve:

After exporting tasks to CSV, where do I import - back into Outlook tasks, or you somehow importing it into RTM?
Posted 13 years ago
chhutchison says:
Hi guys,

I was having the same problem- things were syncing fine from RTM to Outlook, but not the other way around. I did a restore, and that didn't help any. Here's the solution I found:

1) Go to Tools -> Trust Center
2) Click on "Add-ins" in the left-hand menu
3) Look at the bottom of the list under "Disabled Application Add-ins"

Check if MilkSync is listed under there- for some reason, Outlook had automatically disabled it in my case. With it disabled, RTM could edit the Outlook data but Outlook wouldn't talk to RTM.

4) On the "Manage" drop-down menu at the bottom (the one that says "COM Add-ins"), select "Disabled items" and click Go.
5) Click on MilkSync, and then click on "Enable"
6) Click "OK" in the Trust Center window
7) Shut down Outlook and then re-start it. Everything should work great.
Posted 13 years ago
steve.conklin says:
as of now, my home Outlook 2010 is synching fine, but 2007 at work does not. RTM to 2007 works, but not 2007 to RTM.
I caught the same advice about enabling the Add in but it already is enabled.

so yes, geo, for me the marking complete works with 2010, but not 2007.
(my 2007 is against exchange while 2010 is stand-alone if anyone from rtm is monitoring)
Posted 13 years ago
jaap.kramer says:
Have exactly the same problem. RTM -> Outlook is fine, but Outlook -> RTM is not doing anything.
Posted 13 years ago
jaap.kramer says:
Adding to my previous post, i'm using Outlook2007 in combination with the 64bits version of MilkSync. The AddIn is also properly enabled.
Posted 13 years ago
rebeccagibson2011 says:
I'm having the same problem today. Outlook to RTM is not doing anything.
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
For anyone here still experiencing issues with one-way syncing, would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

We'd love to get to the bottom of this. :)

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
henrikba says:
All,
seems this post is related to http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/milksync/11741/

Cheers,
Henrik
Posted 13 years ago
geophyzz says:
With apologies to the bard: Alas poor Henrik, I knew that link well. Or something like that :)

Bad news:After trying all sorts of things I have given up. The issue reporting mechanism took too long to get back to me, and the questions/suggestions that did eventually come seemed too off topic to get anywhere soon.

Good news: Initially I thought it would be great to be able to see my work tasks via RTM while travelling and while at home. In fact the last while I have enjoyed quite the opposite: keeping my work and home task lists and their respective programs/apps entirely separate. So RTM will always be my home task manager :)
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.