Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

No "Tasks" settings and "Connect tasks with your mail" option

idirik says:
I use the Gmail Browser Widget with Chrome 7.
There is no "Tasks" tab on the Gmail settings page as described:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/features/

Moreover I can't connect tasks with my mail as described on the same site as there is no "create tasks" option if I click on "More actions" in Gmail!?!?

We that tried yesterday also with a friend of mine that also uses RTM on his laptop with the Firefox - with the same problems!
Posted at 4:14pm on October 23, 2010
bert.vorenholt says:
Same here.
Google Chrome 8 (dev) with RTM extension.
This is since the Google Tasks also don't show up in the Google Calendar. Maybe Googel changed some stuff?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
kyselak says:
same here :(
Posted 13 years ago
manchot says:
Same problem too
Posted 13 years ago
matt.crummy says:
Same problem
Posted 13 years ago
manchot says:
I just experienced something that might help solving the issue : for an unknown reason, google gears malfunctionned and Chrome prompted me to turn off the plugin, which I did.
After that, the "tasks" is now displaying in the setting tab of gmail, so I guess google gears is the plugin that prevents the task tab to display.
I hope this can help fixing the issue and finding a way to have both working at the same time. In the meantime, we have to choose between offline mode and RTM for gmail advanced settings :)...
Posted 13 years ago
manchot says:
Actually, although the "tasks" tab is now displayed (only if I refresh the settings page), the add on doesn't behave like it should. For instance strarring an email doesn't create a rtm task, although the option for this is checked.
Also, from the moment I access the "tasks" tab, the RTM addon pannel stops displaying. I have to reload the page once in my email page to make it appear again, and even sometimes I need to disable the addon in Chrome, restart chrome and re-enable the addon to make it appear again.
Hope it helps.
Posted 13 years ago
manchot,
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
ellisbooker says:
Anyone else have the following problem in Chrome? While I can get the extension to load (by re-enabling it each time I start Chrome) it will not update any fields. Tasks will, however, accept the "Postponed" or "Completed" buttons. Very frustrating.
Posted 13 years ago
ellisbooker,

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
plocke says:
I'm having the same issue in FireFox, so not Chrome specific.
Posted 13 years ago
ugenius says:
I'm having the same problem as plock.
Posted 13 years ago
elgalu says:
Same problem on both browsers.
Posted 13 years ago
icantremember says:
Same problem, both browsers, Apps account and regular account.
Posted 13 years ago
cek1227 says:
Hey! It's working this morning! Yay! I hope it keeps going.
Posted 13 years ago
cek1227 says:
Mostly working, that is ... clicking on the mail icon within a task does not bring up that email.

:-(
Posted 13 years ago
cek1227 says:
Clicking on the email icon doesn't work in Priority Inbox, but it does work in the regular inbox.
Posted 13 years ago
cwage says:
Verified this as well -- clicking on the email icon works in the regular inbox, but not priority inbox
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.