Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can't read white font on white background!

niall.sheehan says:
New to this, and the plugin for Gmail in Chrome, but once installed the Tasks List is White, with white text. A little hard to read.... Can this be changed by the user? Thank you in advance.
Posted at 2:05pm on October 13, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I've added this to our list to investigate.

For what it's worth, here are the themes that currently don't work:
* Not visible: New Blue, Night Shade, Shiny, Beach, Mountains, Pebbles, Summer Ocean, Phantasea, Ninja, Orcas Island, High Score, Turf
* Technically visible but only minimal contrast: Sunset, High Contrast Black, Desk, Planets

All other themes should work correctly.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Until RTM sorts out the issue and if you use Firefox, you can place the following in your userContent.css file, then choose whatever color you want. You can also install the Stylish add-on for Firefox or chrome and use the same rule.

@-moz-document domain("mail.google.com") {

.vr { color: #333; }

}
Posted 13 years ago
manchot says:
Thanks mwilson for your advice, I even found a dedicated style on stylish that works just fine and installs with a click : http://userstyles.org/styles/7547
Posted 13 years ago
caffeineoverload says:
I'm using chrome and have the same problem . I use the Shiny theme and none of the tasks are visible. Has any resolution been found for this?
Posted 13 years ago
creatix says:
I'm using also chrome and thr same problem....
Posted 13 years ago
dmillman says:
Same issue with Tea house theme (at certain time of the day).
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
dmillman,
Thanks for your feedback.
Posted 13 years ago
alex.spirin says:
I found an alternative:
You can enable adding widget by url in the lab and add widget for iGoogle. If it looks too narrow for you it`s possible to customize it`s width in "Minimalist for Gmail" extention.
Posted 13 years ago
irkrps says:
+1 for "please fix this."

Also, in general, I like a dark background screen with light text. If there was a way to set the background of the RTM pane to be dark when the other backgrounds are dark (thus also making light text legible), this would be best for me.

Thanks for an excellent GTD service. I use it every day, at home and at work. At home, my wife and I both have pro accounts; as soon as I can I'll get the boss to pay for a pro account at work too!
Posted 13 years ago
bas.wanders says:
+1 for fixing too.
I also use a dark background (Night Shade). Don't like to use a light theme, I get a sunburn from my screen ;-)
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.