Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Newbie: Help me understand repeat, due and reminders

koger says:
Hi

I've set up several repeating tasks and want to receive reminders, it all worked great, but now the no longer appears in my email inbox.

If I want to get an email reminder every monday, how do I do that?

Here's my setup:
Task
Due: never
Repeat: every monday

Should due be set to a specific date like 2099?

How should I configure Settings - Reminders to get an email ?
Posted at 10:35am on September 8, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Your reminders will be sent based on the due date; without a due date, no reminder will be sent.

I think you will want your task to be due "on Monday" (the next time you want to be reminded) and then the repeat will kick in after that.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete each week's task; reminders aren't sent for overdue tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
koger says:
Is there a way to get a weekly reminder without having to complete anything ?
Posted 13 years ago
No, sorry; reminders are only sent for incomplete tasks once, so if you don't complete a task, the next week's task won't issue a reminder.
Posted 13 years ago
koger says:
Thanks for you answer.

It did work a few month ago, where I received emails every week, without going to rtm. Did you change anything ?
Posted 13 years ago
koger,
No, we haven't changed anything recently.

If you'd like to discuss how you had it set up to do that, would it be possible to submit a Reminders issue report via our support system?

Feel free to include an example reminder message so we can see how you had it set up.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.