Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

google calendar RTM integration

mconstant says:
Hi! :)

I'm curious about whether there's a way to have google calendar and RTM work this way:

You update RTM with a task that happens at a certain time with a certain duration
- (Buy Milk ^"Tuesday 2pm" =30min)

Then your google calendar has a new entry from 2pm-2:30 on Tuesday that says buy milk.

Simple as that.

Thanks

:)
Posted at 4:58pm on September 1, 2010
steve23606 says:
I think the Google Calendar integration is quite awkward - those rather obtrusive blue circles with ticks in that you have to click to see what lies inside. Hence I don't use it, which is a shame as I'd love to see what you're suggesting implemented.

Google's sad excuse for a tasklist useless. After years of people requesting tasklist functionality from Google, you'd think they could come up with something better than that. Thank goodness for the wonder of RTM :-))
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It sounds like both of you may prefer to use our iCalendar service in Google Calendar.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The iCalendar service is terrific. One caveat - all tasks appear as one-hour events, regardless of the time estimate. This issue, and the reason for it, has been covered numerous times here on these boards.
Posted 13 years ago
alastair.salmon says:
I'm curious about how you use the iCalendar service in Google Calendar effectively. Because the feed only updates every now and again I find it too cumbersome to use as tasks I add don't show up for hours. Any tips on how you use it? It potentially could be fantastic if it updated in real time.
Posted 13 years ago
pal.369 says:
If I use the iCalendar in Google Calendar, will I see it on my iPod Touch?

Thanks
Posted 13 years ago
timothy.g.willis says:
Hi folks,

I'm new to RTM. I'm using Windows 7, Firefox (latest edition). I followed the instructions for adding RTM tasks to Google calendar (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm) and had some problems.

Doing a right-click on the "iCalendar (Events)" link does not show an option for "Copy Shortcut". I tried pasting the info from the "Copy Link Address" option and was able to see events on my calendar. I added a new event on the RTM site and then looked for it on Google cal after refreshing the screen. Nothing came up. I unsubscribed and then followed the same procedure again and came up with the same old information. The RTM gadget installed on the right side of the calendar DID have the updated information each time.

I went back to the RTM site and changed the date of an event that showed up in the first load of data to the Google Cal. Changes were reflected on the RTM widget task list. However, the anticipated change was not reflected on the Google calendar subscription.

I waited almost three hours before sending this message to make sure servers had enough time to reflect the data. Google reader reflects the same pattern. I am baffled.

It sure would be cool to get this up and running properly.

Anybody out there have the same problem?

Does anybody have a solution?

Respectfully,
Tim
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
My RTM iCal shows up in my iPod calendar via Google Sync. Works fine, although the lag is not ideal.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.