Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

MilkSync with Blackberry OS v5.0.0.607 (Storm 2 9550)

ojintoad says:
In regards to post http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/10092/ which was auto closed:

I have gotten this to work, but it's a little frustrating.

One, the instructions on the prior thread someone added:

"If you have this issue you can fix this going to:

Options -> Applications -> MilkSync, then hit the BB menu button and select "Disable Compatibility Mode". "

One detail in my case, that others might encounter, is that you have to restart the MilkSync application to get program to run with compatibility mode disabled. By simply disabling compatibility mode while the app is running is not enough.

The problem I had was the bug in question prevents the milksync app from being shutdown by normal means. That is, if you simply held down the "backbutton" or hit "blackberry button -> close" it would just tell you to put in your username and password and leave the application running. Also, since turning off the storm just really puts it in a sleep mode, you're not shutting down the app by turning off the device either. So, I ended up putting the phone to sleep, taking out the battery, turning it back on, and voila, milksync worked.

So in conclusion, in my experience, the appropriate fix is:

a) Go to
Options -> Applications -> MilkSync, then hit the BB menu button and select "Disable Compatibility Mode". "

b) Turn off the device

c) Take out the battery and put it back in

d) Turn on the device and run milk sync

This is still a bug - arguably an installation issue where it should be installing it with compatibility mode turned off. But it's clearly quite frustrating when the issue prevents you from even killing the application through normal means.
Posted at 7:03pm on August 22, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately we're not sure why some BlackBerry models are so sensitive with this field, but we're keeping an eye on it. However, it doesn't seem to be something we can address in installation itself.

I see you contacted us, and I said as much in my reply. I'm glad you were able to figure this out though!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.