Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar Widgets

(closed account) says:
I have tried the sidebar and daily task. The sidebar only shows today's tasks. The daily tasks are shown as a checkmark on EVERY day rather there's a task due that day or not.

1. How do I get the tasks to show in the sidebar for the next few days?

2. On the Daily tasks, is it possible to show the checkmark ONLY on days that have tasks on them?
Posted at 9:48pm on August 18, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
1. The sidebar gadget shows tasks in the upcoming week, according to the list selected in the gadget's Settings.

2. This isn't possible in the Google Calendar API; we need to show an icon every day and then dynamically load the appropriate content when you click on it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

You may be interested in the iCalendar service which doesn't have that limitation (but shows your tasks as events on the calendar itself).

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
jvadakin says:
I think I've found a decent work-around for this problem. Use the sidebar gadget, not the awful daily gadget. In RTM, tag the items that have a set due-date. You could tag them as something like "deadline." Then set your Google Calendar Sidebar Gadget to only show the tagged (deadline) items.

Also, if you're using an Android phone, you can get an application called Jorte that makes a nice Google Calendar widget.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.