Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cannot link e-mails to RTM

rcroll says:
I have just started using RTM using Gmail and Google Chrome and am attempting to setup tasks by linking them from emails; a key function I require. When I click "more actions" and "add to task", the e-mail is put into a poup Task: Default list which is visible in Google Calendar but I cannot see these email generated tasks appear in any RTM list.

I believe the extension is broken as I get this message in the task tab

You are currently using Gmail version "16703835".
This version is unsupported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.
This means that Google has recently changed Gmail's code, and some features of the extension (such as linking tasks with emails, contacts, and/or calendar events) may be unavailable.
Please check the extension status page for the latest information.

This version does not appear in the RTM status page.
Does this message mean I cannot perform the task until RTM fixes the version or is there a setting I am missing that I should try.

I've submitted a report to notify the unsupported version
Posted at 7:33am on August 9, 2010
(closed account) says:
I have the same problem, essentiel to continue with RTM
Posted 13 years ago
rcroll says:
I'm bumping this query. I am fully aware that there is currently problems with the Gmail extension but no-one, apart from one person, is reporting the problem I experience which is sending e-mails to RTM as a task.

To confirm, I select an e-mail, choose "more actions" and then "add to tasks". Performing this action sends the task to Google tasks but NOT to RTM. Am I missing something?

This action is a crucial feature of the extension and I have never had it working as intended.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.