Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Firefox Gmail addon collapses Gmail

(closed account) says:
Hi.

I've read the forums and I know that every time Gmail updates the RTM addon might break, as a programmer I understand this and don't mind it. However, what I do mind is that over the past year (yes really for that long) about 50% of the times I open Gmail with the plugin enabled, my Gmail collapses! And not just the inbox, if I click settings quickly that screen also collapses.
How do I know it's the addon? Well if I disable it it never happens.

Now that I'm so tired of either restarting my browser 2 times for every email, or not using RTM, I'd like to ask you to find a way to patch this bug.

If you've never had a 'collapse', here's how it looks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBguq57ZTs&fmt=22
Posted at 8:26pm on August 7, 2010
iain_mac says:
Same problem here, its been like that intermittently for as long as I've used RTM firefox extension. Please fix it?
Posted 13 years ago
gerbert.jansen says:
Same collapse issue happens for me.
But: if you reload (Ctrl-F5) after the initial collapse, GMail is displayed correctly again, including the RTM right panel.

For what it's worth: I get the impression that it also depends what 'link' is used to open Gmail: if I use a saved bookmark, the page usually does not collapse, but if I use another link, for instance from WebmailNotifier (Firefox add-on), or even the GMail gadget on an iGoogle page, GMail collapses most of the time.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.