Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail gadget settings?

tomgorman says:
I would like to emails to become RTM Tasks upon starring them or adding the label "To Do." The FAQ says that I can do this by adjusting the settings in Gmail under the tab "Tasks." But I don't have a "Tasks" tab ni my Gmail settings? What's up?

--tom
Posted at 7:09pm on June 29, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
More than likely, Google may have rolled out a new version of Gmail with different code, which will affect the extension's ability to operate. These rollouts are per account, and sometimes they release the new code to a small number of Gmail users first, before rolling it out to everyone, so it sounds as though your account may be one of the first affected by the change.

We've set up a status page to keep track of all the different versions of Gmail's code (and whether or not we're supporting them yet).

If you encounter issues, please check this page to find out if your Gmail version is supported, and let us know if it's not supported yet.

If you're not able to see the Tasks tab in Gmail's Settings, could you please type/paste the following in your address bar when using Gmail:

javascript:alert(GLOBALS[2])

That should return a number telling us what your Gmail version is.

Let me know what you find!
Posted 13 years ago
leonid.bajora says:
Hello!
I have same trouble :(
No "Tasks" settings in Gmail, no possibility convert email to task.
Gmail version is 16278783
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm also on version 16278783 and have the same problem. I'm using Google Apps.
Posted 13 years ago
sowhatsitallaboutthen says:
Same thing here...
and same version: 16278783
Any word on a fix?
Posted 13 years ago
walaloo says:
If I disable labs ?labs=0 I'm able to get the task tab under settings it indicates 16278783 and that it is unsupported.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
tomgorman says:
I have gmail version 16351827. Still not seeing the Tasks tab in settings.
Posted 13 years ago
tomgorman says:
Added a new Gmail issue report. Thanks for your help.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.