Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Changing tasks attributes not always working - Bug & Solution (Chrome extension)

jordi9 says:
For the few last days I was running crazy because when I've changed task attributes like name, tags, due date... It never really worked, the task was not being updated.

I realized that everything else that was clickable (location, priority, complete...) was doing fine. So I've tried cleaning my cache, cookies, going back to sable chrome release... no luck.

Then, I discovered that when you change any typed attribute and hit *enter*, does not work. But, instead of hitting enter you press *tab* button, the task is updated!

It's a silly bug but I was considering moving to Firefox again just for this...

hope this helps, keep up the good job!

jordi
Posted at 3:02pm on June 16, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
mibara says:
Thank God you posted here jordi9 - I was going nuts until I read your post! Tab works for me now, and I can stop pulling out my hair.

RTM - shouldn't you be able to hit 'enter' to update a task's details? I'm using this in Chrome and have the exact same issue as reported above, and hitting 'tab' works for me too.

Thanks again jordi9!

Mike
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
mibara,
Yes, you should be able to press Enter to save a field's details. If you experience this problem, can you submit an issue report as I mentioned above?

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
jordi9 says:
Nice to hear that somebody else was going crazy about this too.. ;P

I'm just happy to see that this works for you too!

Cheers, mike!

jordi
Posted 13 years ago
mooryan says:
Yeah. Same issue. Thanks everyone! I will post an issue and in the meantime use tab and save my sanity.

Thanks,

Ryan
Posted 13 years ago
bfsinger says:
I talked to support on 6/9 regarding this, still no fix. May not matter now, because with the big gmail update today the extension is completely gone.
Posted 13 years ago
tamar says:
I have reported this to RTM as well - the Tab fix is a solution, but it's a weird one at that!
Posted 13 years ago
davidbeebee says:
Any word on this being fixed? It's crazy that you can't hit enter to update!! Been months and months now...
Posted 13 years ago
myork29 says:
Having the same issue as well. Really hope this gets fixed soon...
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.