Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How about a dedicated report form for an unsupported version?

(closed account) says:
This happens constantly:

- RTM stops working in Gmail
- Go to settings and see the dreaded "This version is unsupported by Remember the Milk in Gmail"
- Go to status page
- Look at the last known listed version as every version there is listed as supported
- Go back to Gmail and copy the version number to the clipboard
- Go back to status page and click the submit link
- Jump through to the form to actually submit an issue
- Go through the whole form because all fields are required just to report the new version # (although I just type "n/a" in most)
- Wait a few days until it's fixed
- lather, rinse, repeat

So.... if it really helps to tell RTM when a version isn't working, how about a dedicated form just to say "My version of Gmail is not working" where all we have to do is paste in the version number? No asking of browser add-ons, does it happen on other computers, error messages, etc.
Posted at 10:26am on May 1, 2010
napthene says:
Seconded. It's kind of frustrating to have to jump through all the hoops just to tell you what my version is and that RTM broke on it.
Posted 14 years ago
mickeypr says:
I second that as well
Posted 14 years ago
julia.rs says:
Yes!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Agreed.

If these version numbers are useful then it'd be great if you could make it easier to submit them.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
agreed. I am a google apps user and RTM has not been working properly with tasks now for me for well over a week and the version i am seeing is not even currently listed. Also submitted tech support form yesterday and was extremely unhelpful, nor have i gotten a response.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
15601348 is the version and nothing up on the alert screen.....form submitted yesterday?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.