Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail email layout havoc with RTM

(closed account) says:
I can't figure out what is wrong with the layout of Gmail when I log into it. If I don't clear out my cache before starting Firefox (using Windows 7) then the layout of all the email correspondences I have get bunched up on the left side of the screen. I am not sure how to explain it, but the result is that you cannot read any of the email information.

What can I do as a permanent remedy instead of constantly emptying my cache?

Thanks!
Posted at 5:31pm on April 22, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
lamouche says:
I have the same issue. I disabled the RTM extension and the problem went away. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.
Posted 14 years ago
lamouche, please be sure to submit a Gmail issue report as I mentioned above. Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
sactas says:
@lamouche, how do you turn the RTM extension off? It has made gmail a nightmare!
Posted 14 years ago
sactas,
You can disable the extension in your browser's Extensions window: in Firefox, Tools | Add-ons (on the Extensions tab); in Chrome, Tools | Extensions (or Windows | Extensions on Mac OS X).

You should also be able to avoid most layout problems by collapsing the pane (via the arrow area immediately to the pane's left side).

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
eric.flagel says:
I'm having this same issue and will submit a report
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.