Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Dead in Chrome

jayedgar says:
RTM is no longer working in Chrome for me--hasn't for a few days. It shows the list, but I can't update anything, and starring an email doesn't add it to the list. I attempted to follow the directions to find the gmail version number, and there is no "tasks" in settings. Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,

Jay
Posted at 12:27pm on April 2, 2010
aakar.shroff says:
I'm having the same problem
Posted 14 years ago
tkchuah says:
it works (meaning it can load up), but when I try enter due dates into the box it doesnt parse it

for example, when I put "tuesday 10am", it just sits there and nothing happen.

I go to the setting tab, and it says Gmail version "15107464" and is supported.

that really puzzled me.

Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
jayedgar, aakar.shroff,
If you're still not able to see the Tasks tab in Gmail's Settings, could you please type/paste the following in your address bar when using Gmail:

javascript:alert(GLOBALS[2])

That should return a number telling us what your Gmail version is.

teongkee, can you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that helps?
Posted 14 years ago
cdhutch says:
Hello,
Running Chrome 5.0.342.9 beta/ Gmail 15107464, RTM hangs when I load up the site:
I see the RTM logo, my username, a spinning "sync" indicator, "Initializing ..." and the search bar.

On the same computer running Firefox 3.6.3 with and without the A Bit Better RTM v0.0.2.5 extension works flawlessly.

The Chrome behaviour started around 10:00 EDT on 8 April.
Posted 14 years ago
cdhutch,
You may want to clear Chrome's cache and cookies, disable/enable the extension, and restart Chrome. It would also be worthwhile to disable any other extensions that affect Gmail. Let me know if that makes a difference.
Posted 14 years ago
jean.davoust says:
Hi,
Just registered to RTM, and installed Gmail extension for Chrome. Sounds awesome.
However, Cannot access to Tasks panel in Gmal Settings. In addition, relations between Gmail and RTM extension are not working correctly. I disables/enabled extensions, cleared cache and cookies, switched in US English, but more-less the same problems. Pasted the "javascript:alert(GLOBALS[2])" command, which replied with "15245875". It seems to be a very recent Gmail release.
Anything I can do to make it works?
Posted 14 years ago
hlovejones says:
I'm not dead in chrome but I'm having two significant and consistent issues. Any help?

1. Starring emails doesn't consistently add them to my task list. More often than not they simply get starred without moving over to a task.

2. I'm unable to change due dates. i type in a new date and hit enter and it looks like the task is updated but as soon as I move away from the task it's clear that the due date hasn't changed. If I change the date on the RTM site it refreshes to my gmail just fine.

tx.
Heather
Posted 14 years ago
kathy1600 says:
Andrew...I'm a newbie, but good at following directions, and have been trying to get things to work with google apps, and having similar problems...you asked for version numbers

version 15428851

No task tab.
Posted 14 years ago
titerm says:
no RTM panel in chrome for 15449951, works fine yesterday
Posted 14 years ago
maseratij says:
Gmail version "15428851"

Working well for the last two days.

For those who care, these outages frustrated me and, ... and... well I was using another task service. The day I come back, The add on was not working for Chrome, and had not for a while.

Two points. Newbies should set up an expectation that when it is working it is working and when it is not it is not. There will be outages for everyone using the gmail add-on Second Point: What are Pro users doing as a work around during outages?

Use the Labs feature without creation, migrate to an extension, manually attach email urls to tasks?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
cdhutch,

I had the same issue - it appeared to be related to Google gears. I had to disable/enable RTM for use with Google Gears to resolve the issue.

-jj
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
15546551: no RTM in the mailbox view, no Tasks tab in Settings.
Posted 14 years ago
matt.honeycutt says:
My Gmail version is 15519361 with no "labs" features enabled. RTM is back, but glitchy. Sometimes it loads, sometimes I have to reload Gmail to get it to load...
Posted 14 years ago
msubramani says:
Using Gmail version 15519361 with Firefox.
Starring message does nothing...suddenly stopped working.
Don't also see a Task menu in Gmail-settings..
Too bad...one of the best features of RTM was the integration of GMAIL through starring
Posted 14 years ago
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.