Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

How to memorize passwords

toastmoartl says:
For some (mostly financial) services I need unique passwords and I don't want to write them down (for example the PIN for my credit card). If I don't use them regularly it's very easy to forgot them. If it's definitely importand I adjust a simple template that I send to my RTM-Import-Email-Account. RTM keeps asking to remember the password daily, then weekly and then monthly.

password for xxxx? today #Personal
password for xxxx? 2 days #Personal
password for xxxx? 3 days #Personal
password for xxxx? 4 days #Personal
password for xxxx? 5 days #Personal
password for xxxx? 6 days #Personal
password for xxxx? 1 week #Personal
password for xxxx? 2 week #Personal
password for xxxx? 3 week #Personal
password for xxxx? 1 month *monthly #Personal

Posted at 10:27am on August 12, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi toastmoartl,

Great tip -- I definitely need to use this one! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've upgraded your account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago
krisfday says:
Can you give a little more detail? I'm not sure what you mean about Import Email Account.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi krisfday,
The Import Email Address is an address assigned to your account which can be used to import a list of tasks. This page has more information on how to use it.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
action.manager says:
As David Allen (GTD founder) says: "Your mind is for having ideas, not for holding them". Therefore I would recommend using a secure password manager to store passwords. Then the password for that password manager is the last (and only) password you will have to remember.
Posted 11 years ago