Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Help on organizing projects...

chrisvincent04 says:
I am trying to implement GTD in RTM and have much trouble organizing my projects. Some of my projects are what I would consider big and have many steps. Others have two or three steps and I would consider mini tasks.

I would love to hear how you organize projects within RTM. I really don't like setting up new tabs for each project.

Thanks for your feedback.
Posted at 8:27pm on September 4, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi there,
You'll find a lot of varying opinions on the forums, and lists are certainly one way to create projects.

Tags would probably be the other big one (since they're freeform like lists), and you could create as many projects as you want without adding to the tabs at the top.

For "important" projects, ones you're currently focusing on, etc., you could add a smart list that just searches for the tag, or you could more generally use the tag cloud or search box to pull up just that project's tasks.

Depending on your setup otherwise, you could limit your project just to tasks tagged with "na", or filter out tasks tagged with "someday", etc.

And, of course, this isn't the only way. So feel free to adapt! Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago