Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tip: Clean up or accomplish postponed tasks.

(closed account) says:
A saved custom search I use in RTM is to search for those tasks that I keep pushing off. I use the search postponed:"> 7" to see any tasks that I've been pushing off for a week or more. If they need to be done, I set them as high priority so I get to them right away or if I've decided they aren't important, I just delete them.

This should help you keep from pushing off tasks later and later.
Posted at 4:29pm on June 25, 2009
alisongreenwill says:
I've been thinking about doing this too, except a lot of times instead of postponing something by hitting 'p,' I'll assign it a due date a few days later. For example, work tasks that I don't finish on a Friday, instead of postponing them for the weekend I'll change the due date to Monday. But moving back the due date doesn't "count" toward the number of times a task has been postponed, and I think it should. And yet, if I'm postponing something from Friday to Monday, I don't think it should count as being postponed 3 times, since I don't work at my day job over the weekend.
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi bradlowens,

Thanks for sharing this tip! :) Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago