Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Coupon Organization with RTM

despise says:
When I come across a coupon for something I don't need to buy on a regular basis (i.e. hair styling products) or don't plan on using immediately (i.e. restaurant coupon) and stash it away, there's a good chance I'm going to forget about – until after it expires. Enter Remember The Milk.

If I find one of these coupons, I create a new task and title it with a description of the coupon ("$1.00 off XYZ Product") and make the expiration the due date OR when I plan on using it. Know someone who'd like to go to a certain restaurant for their birthday? Make that the due date. I'll then tag it with "coupon." If it's for a specific store, you can add a location too. To take it a step further, I created a new list called Junk Drawer. Right now I'm unsure if there's anything else I can stash in that list, but no big deal. It serves its purpose: keeping my Daily list from overflowing with things I don't need to see all the time.

I originally incorporated this into my @Errands Smart List by using (tag:@errand AND tag:na) OR tag:coupon, but that seems problematic. Depending on how many tasks you have, clutter can be a major issue. I like the idea of it, but perhaps someone else can execute it better.
Posted at 10:44pm on June 21, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey despise,

Thanks for sharing this tip! :) Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago