Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

have a favorite quote that motivates you

(closed account) says:
if you have a quote that motivates you to focus and move forward and thus being more productive during your day...create a task about it, and have it repeat daily, weekly, monthly...etc. Heck make your own list of quotes that you truly identify with and have them suffle throughout the week or month and simply have them repeat accordingly on your task list.
Posted at 2:02am on October 14, 2008
dwr816 says:
Great idea! I use repeating tasks to help memorize passwords, phone numbers, etc. A reminder repeats till I've memorized the item. Never thought about doing it for something I wanted to contemplate regularly.
Posted 15 years ago
xgravity23 says:
Ha! What a great idea. And I had never thought about using RTM for memorizing things, but I like that idea too. :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
great ideas, both of them! thanks, david esposito and dwr816!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Great ideas

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Great Idea
Posted 15 years ago
amoslemi says:
+1 for the good idea, I just wish it could have a count down/days till task like function i.e. 10 days till TPS is due.... as for the topic of quotes & GTD I run an enhanced version of the GTD setup posted on the RTM blog. For quotes I use the format (in task section "The quote being put into RTM" ~ Person/group/subject of quote with the tag "quote_-_FirstName-LastName" the purpose here is that in RTM the underscore hides very well on the side view. All quote are placed in a normal list called "Quotes" so if I need to find a quote by a specific person/topic/group I can use a smart search. I am also looking for ways to improve this if someone has a better system. Cheers.
Posted 15 years ago
ivan.jordanov says:
Very good ideas!
Posted 14 years ago