Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Using task priority to adjust reminder preference

scramer04 says:
Is there a way to have RTM handle reminders differently based on task priority? For instance, I want to get an SMS for P1 tasks, an email for P2 tasks, and no reminder for P3. My forum/FAQ searching was fruitless...

Thanks!
Posted at 12:52am on April 10, 2008
johnwin says:
I don't think there is a way to do this. Maybe repost this in the 'ideas' forum?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
i really like this idea
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
It would also be really nice to be able to get reminders based on specific tags. There are really a lot of options that Emily and Omar should add that have been suggested to them, but they are too busy working on smart phone programs to implement simple suggestions such as this one.

Do you detect a sense of bitterness since I do not personally own a smart phone? No, certainly not! What gives you that impression! LOL :-D
Posted 15 years ago
guice says:
I fourth That...!
G
Posted 15 years ago
penny.lyle says:
and I fifth it ;)
Posted 15 years ago
kashifbhatti says:
6th
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
this is a ridiculously good idea!
+1
Posted 15 years ago
davidscottweaver says:
Aaron, you need a smart phone! Get out of the 90's! Just kidding.
Posted 15 years ago
john.buginas says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
darrin001 says:
I agree.

It would also be nice to be able to modify the lead time before reminders are sent. For example, I like to be reminded 10 minutes before a call, or 20 to 30 minutes before an employee disucssion, but I'd really like 60 minutes before an appointment involving driving. (Without having to do the mental math when entering the reminder)
Posted 15 years ago
andreas.gerauer says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
anantg says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
tammy.gronski says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
marius.ursache says:
You can do that with the help of Google Calendar. How?

1. Create smart lists for each priority
2. Add each smart list calendar (see the link into the right side column) to the Google Calendar
3. In Google Calendar settings, you can set default preferences for each calendar's reminders.

That's one of the things why I use RTM - it works greatly with other tools (the interface could be more usable, though).
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Marius - that's a great tip. While it's a little hack-y, I still think it should become part of the manual for RTM - many, many people would benefit from that.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
thats only for email and pop up reminders correct? is there a way to do sms reminders with google calender?
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
In America, yes. Not sure about other countries. http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/search.py?ctx=en:searchbox&query=sms&temp_query=sms
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
got it working ... thank you.

Posted 15 years ago
cellosubmarine says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago