Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Avoid forgetting your Inbox tasks

jondcoleman says:
My default list is the standard "Inbox" list but I don't intend to leave anything in there permanently. Anything in the Inbox should be moved to another list (most commonly, Personal or Work). But I had a problem forgetting to process what was in the Inbox.

So what I have now is two smart lists for Personal and Work, each of which contains the tasks from the respective list AND Inbox.

Personal Smart List filter is (list:Work OR list:Inbox)
Work Smart List filter is (list:Personal OR list:Inbox)

That way, either list I'm looking at (I don't usually look at my Work list on the weekends, for example), I can see the new tasks and move them.
Posted at 8:26pm on July 20, 2020
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
I have created a check smart list Check, used to make sure that all new tasks get the meta information my system uses, with tags and locations, and not left in Inbox.

Smart list Check: list:Inbox OR isTagged:false OR isLocated:false

As smart lists can incorporate other smart lists in their search criteria, an AtWork smart list could be:

Smart list AtWork: list:Work OR list:Check
Posted 3 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
jondcoleman and raymond.bergmark, thank you both for your tips contributions! We've featured this thread on the Remember The Milk blog this week, and you're both the winners of a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 4 weeks ago