Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Looking for Smart List to show All Completed and All Updated

s_bryson says:
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to show all the items completed between a date range, and all the ones update between a date?

I've got: updated:Today but that only shows the main tasks, not subtasks. If I want to show subtasks I have to have a separate smart list: updated:Today AND isSubtask:true.
Posted at 5:11am on December 19, 2018
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could use a combination of the search operators for completed:
completedBefore, completedAfter and completedWithin

For example: completedWithin:"2 weeks" AND NOT completedWithin:"1 week" to get tasks that were completed 1-2 weeks ago.

Updated has the same type of search operators, read more about advanced search operators here:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-search-advanced

Regarding subtasks, I have no idea :-(
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi s_bryson,
raymond.bergmark covered everything very well! (Thanks as always!)

For subtasks, it's not possible to view those separately when the main task shows up—subtasks collect under the main task when they both appear in the same view.

On the other hand, without creating a separate subtask search, your subtasks would match if they (and not their parent tasks) match the "completed or updated" criteria.

Generally, keep in mind that completed and incomplete tasks cannot show at the same time, so your search for "completed or updated" may show incomplete tasks first when those match the updated date.

Hope this helps!
Posted 5 years ago