Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Using RTM to track my running / training schedule

connieu says:
I've decided to train for a half marathon in a few months, and I've started using RTM to track my runs. I have long training runs that I schedule and tag with "running," and there are local races that I tag with "races". If I actually register for the race, I add the tag "confirmed," and if I am running with my daughter, I tag the task with her name as well.

I use a Smart List to look for running or races to see my full schedule all at once, and I can quickly scan to see which races I've already registered for or need to sign up. It's so handy to have the URL field for this purpose, especially since I might find out about a race but take some time to decide whether I want to actually commit to it or not.

Rescheduling training runs is easy, and I also use subtasks to remind myself for any needed tasks for training runs or races (bring bug spray, book a hotel room for an away race, take a picture of my medal :) ).

RTM has been a great companion to my running app because it allows me to plan ahead and see upcoming training and races at a glance.
Posted at 12:41am on September 25, 2018
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi connieu,

Awesome tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner -- we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 5 years ago