Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Flexible Weekplan

(closed account) says:
For me a weekplan is a powerful tool. There is one already built in in RTM, but I also would like to include tasks I want to achieve in the current week, but do not have a due date assigned (means, I have the plan to complete them in this week, but at the moment I do not know when - I like some flexibility).

For the tasks to be included in the weekplan I am maintaining tags for tasks that must be done in the current week (week-must) and others that should be done (week-should).

I am also differentiating between Private tasks and Work tasks. This is done by a prefix for lists: "P-" for private and "W-" for Work.

To see my "flexible" weekplan now I need a Smartview that shows all tasks that have a due-date in the current week plus the tasks that have the tags "week-must" or "week-should".

This his how the query for the Private weekplan looks like:

(tag:week-must OR tag:week-should OR dueBefore:Monday) AND listContains:P-

And the Work-Weekplan simply replaces the prefix of the Lists with "W-" instead of "P-".

(tag:week-must OR tag:week-should OR dueBefore:Monday) AND listContains:W-

This is a quite simple query, but for me it helps a lot.
Posted at 10:22am on November 13, 2017
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi tallnobby,

Nice use of Smart Lists! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
That's fantastic. No i have 1 year time to think about another good posting here ;-)
Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago