Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Followup action items

(closed account) says:
Hi,
One of the challenges I face with my To Do lists are followup actions. I don't like adding followup actions to my lists as most followups are similar or the same as the original task that I think I completed. I also don't like keeping an item on the list until the followup is done. Both approaches seem to just "clog" up my lists.

I found the perfect solution, a Followup smart list. I created a smart list that is generated if the action contains the word followup. Now when I complete a task that requires followup I add a task with the first work being Followup and it automatically goes on my Followup smart list. Every few days I scan the Followup list and take action on the ones that have been sitting too long.

Works great for me!
Posted at 11:53am on February 11, 2017
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jjcardil,

Great tip! Bob's going to start using this for everything he needs to follow up. :)

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.
Posted 7 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
Quick question on this, would you mean adding a new task or adding a sub-task with follow up, or differently: adding follow up to the title?
Posted 6 years ago
matthijs.koen says:
Quick question on this, would you mean adding a new task or adding a sub-task with follow up, or differently: adding follow up to the title?
Posted 6 years ago