Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Planning birthdays and anniversaries

alex1ua says:
Since I am using remember the milk for managing all my daily tasks, I stopped checking phone's calendar for upcoming birthdays of my friends. I plan tight schedule in remember the milk and only in the evening can see reminders on birthdays from phone's calendar when it is too late even for a call.

Solution was found in special task "birthdays and anniversaries", which has subtask for each birthday or anniversary of my friends and colleagues. All tasks have "repeat every year" setting, so they errand next year.

I found two unexpected benefits from this technique: now there is a single place where I can see all upcoming birthdays, and I can have list of special dates for each person - birthdays, anniversaries of weddings, birthdays of children, anniversaries of work etc - all of them have separate task ("contacts" application on my phone does not provide such flexibility).

Planning tasks in this manner helps all my friends to hear congratulations or get presents on time.
Posted at 5:31pm on December 19, 2016
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi alex1ua,

Great tip! :) You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 7 years ago