Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

In Progress Tasks

jamezzz says:
I was looking for a way mark items In Progress so I could quickly see a list of tasks I'm actively working on. I also wanted these tasks to stand out somehow in larger lists. I discovered two very convenient ways to do this in RTM.

1) Since I'm the only cow in the barn I don't use the sharing features, but I can still assign tasks to myself. So for tasks that are In Progress I simply assign them to myself then I have a simple Smart List that shows those tasks 'givenTo:me'. This also works great in larger lists because my face prominently shows up next to those In Progress tasks.

2) For those using the sharing features a tag can be used instead. But, how do you get those In Progress tasks to show prominently in larger lists? Simply use the muted colors for most of your tags and reserve the bright colors for tags that need special attention like a tag used for In Progress tasks!

Thanks Bob! Have a another banana!

Posted at 10:14pm on November 18, 2016
progress4ward says:
I'm the only cow in the barn as well & never toyed with this feature before. I just did exactly as you outlined in step 1 and now I'm a bit excited. This could be useful for any type of list needing to stand out. Thanks a bunch! Brilliant idea! Glad to finally make use of this feature!
Posted 7 years ago
jersiaise says:
Great and creative idea, thanks for sharing it! :)
Posted 7 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Agreed, clever use of available functionality! Easier and faster than wishing for new features.
Posted 7 years ago
olaf1303 says:
its quite late in a saturday evening now, and I should either sleep or have a good time on some christmas party... But I am happy to have chosen exploring milking ideas instead of singing carols...just input a new task to reread and try your post on monday...though I am an ox in a small barn of two and maybe need to workaround some more....jersiaise is right to the point, very creative, like that idea,

thanks jamezzz :-) and merry chrismas to all of you....
Posted 7 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jamezzz,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 7 years ago
jamezzz says:
Woohoo!! Thanks so much! Love all the improvements your team made with the last major revision! Keep up the great work!
Posted 7 years ago