Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

"Due Next Weekday" Smart List

simon.miner says:
I wanted a way to know what tasks are due the next weekday (typically to let me see what I’ll be working on the next time I’m at the office). This is pretty straightforward if tomorrow is a weekday, but it’s a bit trickier for weekend days.

After a little experimentation, I came up with this Smart List:

due:tomorrow AND NOT(due:Saturday OR due:Sunday) OR (dueWithin:"4 days" AND due:Monday)

This shows me tasks that are due tomorrow, unless tomorrow is a Saturday or Sunday, along with tasks that are due on a Monday within the next four days. The last half of the rule handles the cases when tomorrow is on the weekend.
Posted at 7:09pm on October 7, 2016
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is an awesome Smart List! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 7 years ago
simon.miner says:
Yay! Thanks so much!
Posted 7 years ago
martin.bodlak says:
Nice one, but a new filter operator would be more useful. This thing is nice but too complex.
Posted 7 years ago
olaf1303 says:
Great idea, , must have taken lots of brainstorming and tryanderror time... I will use it but hopefully one day we can use some syntax like if ..... then.... else.... would be solve this and many other tasks, not only much easier, but opening many ways to condition operators on values OF OTHER property-fields without needing to put tons of time in parser programming...and: anyone who is used to simple conditioned functions like in excel or access or other apps is able to use it without learning rtm-specific operators by heart....however clever idea, Simon....!! thanks..
Posted 7 years ago
simon.miner says:
Thanks, Olaf. Glad you found this helpful.
Posted 7 years ago